Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Paintings and Displays

I just realized I haven't done a blog post in ages. So I'll give you a really quick overview of the past month:

I've been playing around with painting on mirrors lately. The end result has proven to be mega cool. Here are a few examples:

I just finished this painting today. It's a second edition piece of Into the Looking Glass I painted it on a mirror, and added the NY skyline to the background. The mounting on the back is recessed so the painting will look like it's floating when hung on the wall. It looks super clean in person, and I'm really happy with how it turned out.



This painting below is my most recent pride and joy. It's based on my favorite painting by Brent Lynch. I've added all of the wine bar backdrop, and wine bottle in his hand, but kept the same layout of the figure.




On the 1st of April we had a grand opening for the Gallery Off The Square artist coop in Georgetown. Here's the website galleryoffthesquare.org


I also got a new display consignment set up with El Patron in Cedar Park!


I have two big commissions in progress, and some really cool gallery opportunities that are forthcoming. I'll reveal more later. I definitely enjoy blog comments; lemme know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment